There are some basic criteria to become a befriender, so please ensure you read these carefully:
- We require our volunteers are at least 21 years old
- We ask that our befrienders have no other child care commitments (less than 12 years of age)
- We can only accept applications from people who are currently settled and stable
- We ask that you can make a regular weekly long term commitment, mostly at weekends
- You must agree to complete an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check (having a record does not necessarily exclude you from befriending). If you already have an Enhanced CRB completed within the last 12 months please note the number on the fom below
- If you share your home, the people with whom you share MUST be willing to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS)
Please note that fields marked with a * are required.