When things are tough we all need a friend.
Fun in Action for Children, a Brighton charity, is looking for adult volunteers aged 23+ to befriend school aged children from disadvantaged lone parent families.
We want to hear from mature, trustworthy and reliable adults who can regularly spend 3-4 hours a week with a child over an extended period. We need people who care about children’s well-being and who are willing to work in partnership with parents and charity staff to improve young lives.
- no experience necessary, full training given
- on-going supervision and support from an experienced professional team
- intensive vetting of all applicants including a full professional appraisal and Disclosure and Barring service check (DBS)
- a 2 year commitment is required
- volunteer expenses paid
- enquiries from people from diverse backgrounds welcomed
Befriending provides an opportunity to really change a child’s life for the better. If you are looking to work in the caring professions it will also provide valuable work experience. And for those already experienced with children, befriending presents an ideal opportunity to utilise your many skills for the benefit of your local community.